Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tidbits of News

Greetings everyone!!

I continue to be overwhelmed and awed by our G0d daily...I seem to live in a state of being behind in declaring His Gl0ry to you all! At the end of the day I am overwhelmed with things to ponder about G0d and His work, so I think I will write to you all in the morning...then in the morning, I find myself in awe to the point of wondering "How do you put all this into words?" I am going to attempt to just get started...It may be more of a dumping  than a declaring...only time will tell...smile...enjoy the gl0ry of our G0d...smile

C@therine's last day:We started the day as normal and C@therine had gifts to share with some of our friends. After going to pick up ice to deliver downtown, I did my solo wound care assignment. For months C@therine has been caring for the wound on S0's ankle and I will be taking that over until it is healed completely. Then we had planned to go to lunch with O and her daughters. C@therine gave her gifts and had one thing left she wanted to do...pr@y for O and S0. We gathered at S0's business and he asked C@therine, "Will you tell me one last story to remember after you are gone?" She agreed. Then a peanut gallery began forming again as we waited for O and S0 to complete some business. She told the story of Peter Walking on Water. After the story, one of the men in the peanut gallery began asking questions:
According to you, is J.s.s a prophet, a messenger from G0d or the S0n of G0d?
According to you, is J.s.s coming back again?
After talking much about  his questions, he told us how truly he was a M.slm, but they have not shown him the true way. He knows J.s.s is in their book but they have told him nothing about who G0d is, who J.s.s is. He said, "I even went to the Chr!sti@n ch.rch and I have talked with many Chr!sti@ns, but no one has convinced me." He went on to say, "I have never heard words like yours today and they are words of truth and power. Today, I am convinced!" I explained to him that these words were not our own, but that G0d Himself came near to him today because He wants him to be convinced about who J.s.s is and what He has done for him. We left him with a question and told him that we would meet again to both share our answer to that question and to hear his answer to the question.
a
Two days later he came to me and greeted and then asked if we could talk the next day. We set up a time. As the enemy would have it, one of the ice trucks for their business broke down and he was unable to sit with us and talk. He did come to apologize and let us know why he was unable to meet.

Please pr@y for Baso as he ponders and thinks on the question as well as considers all the things we talked about the day G0d poured out His Sp!r!t and came near to Baso. Pr@y for J.s.s to reveal Himself to Baso in dreams and visions, to pursue Him until Baso understands and receives the gift of s@lvation G0d has prepared for him.


C@therine's Safe Arrival:After a few glitches and changes in C@therine's ticket home, she arrived safely back in N0rth C@r0lina. I received word from her and her family that she is safely in her mother's hand. Her journey was eventful, but she was well taken care of by the airline. Please thank our Father at least one more time for the work He did in and through C@therine during her time here in M@li. The light of His Presence shone brightly through her daily!!

C@therine...keep seeking Him, serving Him, and shining brightly for His gl0ry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment